Electricity Intelligence - The Global High-Tech Power Market Ed 1, 2012-2016
New Transmission and Distribution technologies will be essential in the race to meet growing demand. As the old grid is replaced and renewables become more common, new Transmission and Distribution technologies involving more advanced grid planning and grid automation strategies will be essential.
- New Power Systems Implemented
Power systems can be defined as combinations of products that have been engineered to work in concert, producing a better system than could be achieved through the purchase of isolated units. Power system products would include T&D substations, turnkey substations, HVDC systems and FACTS (Flexible Alternating Current Transmission Systems).
- Utility and Grid Automation GrowsThere is a growing trend towards utility automation. NRG Expert defines this as the process by which IT engineers automate the monitoring and management of T&D networks. Manual processes are removed and replaced by new electricity transmission and distribution technology. Global High-Tech Power Market Report – Table of Contents The T&D Market 5 Origins of the Electrical Supply Industry 5 The early origins 5 Parallel developments 6 The first networks 7 Regional evolution of networks 7 Planned systems – the Pool concept 7 United States 8 Germany – Bavaria 8 Great Britain 10 France 10 Capital Expenditure 11 T&D Sectors 13 Power Systems 13 Utility Automation 13 Annual Demand 14 T&D Companies 16 Global Market Shares 16 Smart Grid Market Shares 16 Europe 16 Asia 17 North America 17 Company Listings 17 ABB 17 Alstom 18 GE 18 Schneider 18 Siemens 18 Methodology 19 Stage 1 – T&D Forecasts 19 Stage 2 – Modeling 20 Stage 3 – Background Research 20 Stage 4 – Verification 20
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts