Oncology unit revenues increased 11% operationally in comparison with fourth-quarter 2011. Revenues were positively impacted by the launches of Inlyta and Xalkori in the U.S. and certain other developed markets. Revenues were negatively impacted by approximately $44 million, or 13%, due to the shift in the reporting of international Aromasin revenues to the Established Products unit beginning January 1, 2012.
Consumer Healthcare unit revenues increased 17% operationally in comparison with fourth-quarter 2011, primarily due to the addition of products from the acquisitions of Ferrosan Consumer Health in December 2011 and Alacer Corp. in February 2012 as well as strong growth of Advil and Centrum in the U.S.
Adjusted Expenses (2) , Adjusted Income (2) and Adjusted Diluted EPS (2) Highlights
|Fourth-Quarter Selected Costs and Expenses|
|($ in millions) (Favorable)/Unfavorable||2012||2011||Change||Foreign Exchange||Operational|
|Adjusted Cost of Sales (2)||$||3,106||$||3,083||1||%||8||%||(7||%)|
|As a Percent of Revenues||20.6||%||19.1||%||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Adjusted SI&A Expenses (2)||4,658||5,173||(10||%)||(1||%)||(9||%)|
|Adjusted R&D Expenses (2)||2,000||2,318||(14||%)||(1||%)||(13||%)|
See end of text prior to tables for notes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV