Oncology unit revenues increased 11% operationally in comparison with fourth-quarter 2011. Revenues were positively impacted by the launches of Inlyta and Xalkori in the U.S. and certain other developed markets. Revenues were negatively impacted by approximately $44 million, or 13%, due to the shift in the reporting of international Aromasin revenues to the Established Products unit beginning January 1, 2012.
Consumer Healthcare unit revenues increased 17% operationally in comparison with fourth-quarter 2011, primarily due to the addition of products from the acquisitions of Ferrosan Consumer Health in December 2011 and Alacer Corp. in February 2012 as well as strong growth of Advil and Centrum in the U.S.
Adjusted Expenses (2) , Adjusted Income (2) and Adjusted Diluted EPS (2) Highlights
|Fourth-Quarter Selected Costs and Expenses|
|($ in millions) (Favorable)/Unfavorable||2012||2011||Change||Foreign Exchange||Operational|
|Adjusted Cost of Sales (2)||$||3,106||$||3,083||1||%||8||%||(7||%)|
|As a Percent of Revenues||20.6||%||19.1||%||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Adjusted SI&A Expenses (2)||4,658||5,173||(10||%)||(1||%)||(9||%)|
|Adjusted R&D Expenses (2)||2,000||2,318||(14||%)||(1||%)||(13||%)|
See end of text prior to tables for notes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV