Asia Pacific Organic Food And Beverages Industry Outlook To 2016 - Expanding Distribution Channel To Augment Growth
The organic food and beverages market in Japan was valued at USD 1,280 million in 2011 which is approximately 1% of the total food market in the country. The partial selection and availability of organic products coupled with higher prices are considered to be the major obstacles to stronger growth of the organic market in Japan. Japan's organic food and beverages industry is mainly held by Fresh produce such as fruits and vegetables contributing ~% to the overall market in 2011.
The organic industry in Australia is continuing to mature with the average size of the organic farms increasing over the years. The organic fruits and vegetables have been the most established segments of the organic food industry in Australia. In 2009, the vegetable, herb and nursery production was valued at USD ~ million which has risen to USD ~ million in 2011 thus contributing ~% to the market. Australian market for organic food and beverages is majorly contributed by Parmalat Australia Pty Ltd. contributing nearly ~% to the market in 2011 followed by Goodman Fielder Ltd. with a share of ~% during the year.
The domestic consumption of organic food products in India is marginal and is mainly concentrated in the metropolitan cities in the country. Several NGOs are spearheading the organic movement in India as in other countries. The major organic crops produced in India include the cereals, pulses, vegetables, fruits, confectionery, snacks, bakery, non-dairy beverages, meat and baby foods. In 2011, cereals contributed the largest share of ~% to the overall revenue of organic food and beverages in India. Organic India, Navdanya, Morarka Organic Food Pvt. Ltd. are the leading players in India organic food and beverages market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV