JouleX Announces Version 4.0 Of Enterprise Energy Management Platform
ATLANTA, Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- JouleX, a leading innovator in enterprise energy management systems for data centers, distributed office environments and facilities, today introduced version 4.0 of the JouleX Energy Manager ™ (JEM) platform, a true enterprise-class energy management solution that substantially reduces the total cost of ownership of network and data center infrastructure for enterprises and managed service providers. With version 4.0 of the JEM platform, global enterprises can realize significant immediate and long-term cost savings with a quicker time to benefit.
"JEM 4.0 provides a tremendous new opportunity for our customers to globally scale their energy management capabilities across their global enterprises and for our partners to deliver new managed energy services from the cloud to their customers," says Tom Noonan, president and CEO of JouleX. "Importantly, it sets the stage for a much larger vision we have for the future of energy management, and one that operates on a powerful and massive economic scale. From here, we can see a future where JEM is the enabling technology for 'energy exchanges' that manage capacity and loads across the energy supply chain to a collection of exchanges managing the internet of things. It's truly an exciting time to be in this market."
JEM is the first software-defined, network-based, energy management system that dynamically measures the energy consumption and utilization of all network-connected devices and systems to provide visibility into power usage across the enterprise and autonomous control policies to help organizations identify and automatically reduce energy waste. The new JEM platform has been designed to provide a wide variety of capabilities to give global organizations more choice and control in energy management.
Key Features and Benefits
- Distributed Cloud-Based Architecture Improves Scalability and Efficiency - JEM's distributed architecture improves scalability, allowing enterprises to deliver energy management across the largest, most complex enterprise organizations, and managed service providers, to offer energy management as a cloud-based service to their customers.
- Fully Centralized Management - Building upon its existing centralized reporting capabilities, JEM allows organizations to now centrally deploy policies and control all devices and systems connected to the platform for powerful optimization of resources and the ability to realize quicker time to value.
- Roles-Based Access and Management - As part of the centralized management features, JEM now provides for roles-based access control so users can be assigned specific roles, permissions and access at each level of the enterprise hierarchy.
- Multi-Dimensional Graphic Visualization - Building on the solution's "single pane of glass" interface, new capabilities have been added to give enterprises greater visibility into data center energy usage and asset utilization to assist customers in making decisions to increase efficiency and reduce costs. JEM now offers multi-dimensional views into their data centers with floor and rack graphics that model data center dependency topologies for the physical, network and energy layers of their facilities.
- Expanded Data Center Infrastructure Coverage - A series of new data center features have also been added to JEM, including expanded support for additional virtualization solutions, including Hyper-V, servers, power distribution units (PDUs), uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), EMC and NetApp storage devices, as well as support for fan speed and temperature sensors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV