BAODING, China, Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited (NYSE: YGE) ("Yingli Green Energy" or the "Company") is a leading solar energy company and one of the world's largest vertically integrated photovoltaic manufacturers, which markets its products under the brand " Yingli Solar". In a statement released jointly with World Wide Fund for Nature ("WWF"), the Company today announced that it had become the first Chinese company and the first PV manufacturer to join the Climate Savers program initiated by WWF.
Climate Savers is a global leadership platform which positions multinational corporations at the forefront of the low-carbon economy. The member companies set sector-leading targets for greenhouse gas ("GHG") reduction in their own emissions and work with other companies, suppliers and partners to implement innovative solutions for a clean, low carbon economy. Initiated by WWF in 1999, the Climate Savers program now counts 30 member companies, including Johnson & Johnson, IBM, Nike, Hewlett Packard, The Collins Companies, Xanterra Parks and Resorts, Sagawa, Sony, Tetra Pak, Lafarge, Catalyst, Novo Nordisk, and Nokia Siemens Networks. All of these companies have pledged to reduce their GHG emissions considerably.
Yingli Green Energy's major Climate Savers commitments include:
By the end of 2015,
- to reduce GHG emissions per MW of PV module production by 13% compared with that in 2010, including direct emissions and indirect emissions from the consumption of electricity and heat
- to reduce GHG emissions from purchased goods and services per MW of PV module production by 7% compared with that in 2010
- to reduce GHG emissions from upstream transportation by 10% compared with that in 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts