BAODING, China, Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited (NYSE: YGE) ("Yingli Green Energy" or the "Company") is a leading solar energy company and one of the world's largest vertically integrated photovoltaic manufacturers, which markets its products under the brand " Yingli Solar". In a statement released jointly with World Wide Fund for Nature ("WWF"), the Company today announced that it had become the first Chinese company and the first PV manufacturer to join the Climate Savers program initiated by WWF.
Climate Savers is a global leadership platform which positions multinational corporations at the forefront of the low-carbon economy. The member companies set sector-leading targets for greenhouse gas ("GHG") reduction in their own emissions and work with other companies, suppliers and partners to implement innovative solutions for a clean, low carbon economy. Initiated by WWF in 1999, the Climate Savers program now counts 30 member companies, including Johnson & Johnson, IBM, Nike, Hewlett Packard, The Collins Companies, Xanterra Parks and Resorts, Sagawa, Sony, Tetra Pak, Lafarge, Catalyst, Novo Nordisk, and Nokia Siemens Networks. All of these companies have pledged to reduce their GHG emissions considerably.
Yingli Green Energy's major Climate Savers commitments include:
By the end of 2015,
- to reduce GHG emissions per MW of PV module production by 13% compared with that in 2010, including direct emissions and indirect emissions from the consumption of electricity and heat
- to reduce GHG emissions from purchased goods and services per MW of PV module production by 7% compared with that in 2010
- to reduce GHG emissions from upstream transportation by 10% compared with that in 2010
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV