HNBA Commends Bipartisan Senate Proposal For Immigration Reform
WASHINGTON, Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) commends the announcement by the Senate group of eight proposing a bipartisan framework for immigration reform. The proposal provides a pathway to citizenship for those here in the U.S., while also providing for stronger border enforcement efforts. In addition it addresses the status of undocumented children, as well as providing for a guest worker program and visas and green cards for skilled workers. Senators Chuck Schumer, Dick Durbin, Michael Bennet, Robert Menendez, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Marco Rubio, and Jeff Flake were part of the Senate effort to craft the proposal.
"The HNBA commends the bipartisan group of senators for its proposal, which includes providing a pathway to citizenship," said Peter M. Reyes, Jr., HNBA National President. "The HNBA has implemented a nine point program for immigration reform, a highlight of which involves assuming an obligation to provide education on the U.S. legal system and its governmental institutions. As a nation of immigrants, we must seize this moment to reform our broken immigration system. The HNBA calls upon Congress to take action on this issue that will strengthen our great country."
The HNBA has long worked with bipartisan partnerships to pass comprehensive immigration reform legislation. Just as in 2006 and 2007, when the HNBA established a task force of legal experts to review the numerous amendments and legal provisions of proposed initiatives, President Reyes has established an HNBA Immigration Reform Task Force this year as well. "The HNBA looks forward to working with the Senate and House on building out a framework that is fair, reasonable and effective," said President Reyes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV