Operating results were also impacted by merger and integration related expenses, which amounted to $505,000, $183,000 and $3.2 million, for fourth quarter 2012, third quarter 2012 and fourth quarter 2011, respectively. The Company noted that fourth quarter 2012 merger and integration related expenses primarily reflected expenses associated with the pending Pacific International Bancorp, Inc. acquisition.
Net Interest Income and Net Interest Margin. The following table summarizes the reported net interest income before provision for loan losses.
|Three Months Ended|
|(In thousands)||12/31/2012||12/31/2011||% change||9/30/2012||% change|
|Net interest income before provision for loan losses||$||59,646||$||40,551||47||%||$||58,231||2||%|
Fourth quarter 2012 net interest income before provision for loan losses rose 47% over fourth quarter 2011 and 2% over preceding third quarter 2012, principally reflecting the higher level of interest earning assets as a result of the net growth in loans receivable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV