The increase (decrease) of major adjustments to pre-tax income is summarized below. The impact which these adjustments have to certain yields and costs are described in subsequent sections of this release.
|Three Months Ended|
December 31, 2012
September 30, 2012
December 31, 2011
|Accretion of discount on acquired performing loans||$||4,697||$||4,890||$||2,429|
|Accretion of discount on acquired credit impaired loans||1,174||1,215||3,298|
|Amortization of premium on Center FHLB borrowings||92||307||419|
|Accretion of discount on Center subordinated debt||(37||)||(37||)||(12||)|
|Amortization of premium on Center time deposits||375||650||315|
|Increase to pre-tax income||$||6,301||$||7,025||6,449|
In addition to the items listed above, acquisition accounting adjustments had the effect of reducing the yield on the securities portfolio in fourth quarter and third quarter 2012. The acquired securities portfolio of approximately $291 million was adjusted to fair value of $293 million as of the merger date, resulting in interest income on investment securities for that portfolio being recognized at a lower average yield, compared with the yield on the balance of the Company's securities portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV