Fourth quarter 2012 sales declined $2.5 million, or 1%, driven primarily by weaker European end markets. Segment operating margin improved to 13.9%, reflecting improved execution, productivity gains and solid cost management. Fluid Handling order backlog was $327 million at December 31, 2012, compared to $331 million at September 30, 2012 and $314 million at December 31, 2011.
|(dollars in millions)||2012||2011|
Fourth quarter 2012 sales of $20.8 million decreased 6% compared to the fourth quarter of 2011, reflecting slightly weaker industrial demand. Operating profit was flat, as deleverage on the lower sales was offset by productivity gains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV