Selling, general and administrative ("SG&A") expenses decreased 13% to $2.3 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2013, largely driven by lower stock-based compensation expense and lower vacation pay expense. SG&A expenses decreased to 58% of net sales for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 compared to 62% of net sales reported during the same period last year.
Research and development ("R&D") expenses decreased 52% to $0.3 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2013. The decrease was primarily attributable to lower product development costs associated with the Company's next generation digital processing unit and a reduction in the amount allocated from manufacturing to support R&D efforts. R&D expenses decreased to 9% of net sales compared to 17% of net sales during the same period last year.
The Company's operating loss in the third quarter of fiscal 2013 was $1.5 million, a decrease of $0.5 million, or 25%, compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2012. Lower operating expenses of $0.7 million contributed to the improvement in operating loss during the period.
At December 31, 2012, the Company had cash and cash equivalents of $1.3 million and working capital of $6.6 million, compared to cash and cash equivalents of $2.7 million and working capital of $6.0 million at March 31, 2012. The Company also has $5.0 million of capital available under a $20.0 million convertible note with Lewis C. Pell, the Company's Chairman.Conference Call Cynthia Ansari, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Keith Darragh, VP, Finance and Principal Financial and Accounting Officer, will host a conference call to discuss the third quarter fiscal 2013 financial results at 8:30 a.m. ET on Tuesday, January 29, 2013.
|Conference dial-in:||(877) 303-1595|
|International dial-in:||(970) 315-0449|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV