Americas United Bank (OTCQB: AUNB) today announced its unaudited results of operations for the fourth quarter and full-year ended December 31, 2012. For the full-year, Americas United Bank earned $1,847,000, or $0.64 per share, compared to net income of $36,000, or $0.01 per share for 2011. Total assets reached $114.6 million, up $14.2 million or 14.2%. Total loans reached $72.4 million at year-end 2012, as compared to $73.1 for 2011. Total deposits reached $86.6 million at December 31, 2012, as compared to $74.3 million at December 31, 2011.
Fourth quarter 2012 earnings were $785,000 or $0.27 per share compared to $673,000 or $0.23 per share for the same period of 2011, representing a 17.4% increase in earnings per share.
“We showed great improvement this year and spent a significant amount of time on the credit quality aspect of the Bank and building of our business banking model to facilitate our success moving forward. Our favorable earnings are the results of the collective efforts of our team and we look forward to our continued success going forward,” said Adriana M. Boeka, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Selected highlights for year-end 2012 versus year-end 2011:
- Asset growth of $14.2 million, or 14.2%, to $114.6 million;
- Loan growth of -$746,000, or -1.0%, to $72.4 million;
- Deposit growth of $12.3 million, or 16.6%, to $86.6 million;
- Non-Interest Bearing deposit growth of $2.5 million, or 15.1%, to $19.1 million;
- Shareholders’ Equity growth of $1.9 million, or 10.6%, to $19.5 million;
- Interest Income decline of $1.5 million, or 26.3%, to $4.3 million;
- Interest Expense decline of $189,000, or 24.6%, to $579,000;
- Provision for Loan and Lease Loss was -$1.0 million in 2012, as compared to $1.3 million in 2011;
- Ending Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss balance of $1,885,000 or 2.6% of gross loans and 467.7% of non-performing loans;
- Non-performing loans to total loans of 0.56%;
- Non-performing assets to Tier 1 Capital plus Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss (known as the “Texas Ratio”) down to 1.88%.
- Tier 1 Capital Ratio of 17.46%
- Tier 1 Risk-Based Capital Ratio of 26.05%
- Total Risk-Based Capital Ratio of 27.32%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV