Global Music And Sound Industry Finds Success At The 2013 NAMM Show
PRO-LIGHT AND SOUND/VENUE
Products in the growing pro light and sound, and performance-tech segment of the industry provided some of the splashiest displays and demonstrations at the 2013 NAMM Show, as well as some vigorous commerce. The show's new, dedicated pro lighting and staging area, The Venue, was filled with exhibitors such as SmithsonMartin, Mr. DJ, OmniSistem, Carvin Corp., NSI Audio and Performance Truss.
The Venue exhibitors enjoyed raised ceilings and dimmed lighting in an arena-style setting appropriate to the lasers and other lighting effects, and tall scaffolding and trusses being demonstrated by vendors here. Mike Weiner, president of Performance Group is a first-time exhibitor at NAMM and in The Venue. "Some people said this show wasn't for us, but I'm getting a great reaction to lights and our LED screens," he said. "There's a lot of people - retailers, people who do church installations, which surprised me -- and event production people. All aspects of the industry are here. We've seen South and Central American and Mexico buyers with our biggest lead from Brazil."
As the pro light and sound segment of the market grows at NAMM, some buyers are prowling the exhibits to educate themselves, and their customers, about the industry as a means for expansion. Buyer
Bryon Low of Annex Pro in
Vancouver deals in audio systems for universities, high schools and other educational outlets. But he sees a day when his customer base will need the related light and production products. "I'm here to educate myself and get a handle on what's out there so I can be helpful to my clients perhaps some time in the future," he said. "It's better to talk to the manufacturer here and have them explain it and demonstrate it. Now I know what's out there and we can move forward."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV