Global Music And Sound Industry Finds Success At The 2013 NAMM Show
Music-product pros also found that NAMM's international clout is great for business. NAMM traditionally attracts a vast international crowd of manufacturers, exhibitors and buyers from 94 countries from around the world. A true international show, 492 of the exhibiting companies were from beyond U.S. borders.
Mike Kairys, president of Ac-cetera, of Luxor, PA, came to NAMM for the first time, intent on acquiring international distributors for his EZClamp and Mic-Eze products, which securely clamp a variety of accessories from smart phones to tuners on microphones and instruments. "The response has been just excellent," Kairys said. "We have a low-key approach, but we were looking for possible distributions into China, Germany, Denmark and others. I'd say just the first day of the show our investment paid off in spades. We are getting what we came for."
A little more than 10 years ago, Indiana-based Rees Harps did five percent of its business internationally. Currently, they do 85 percent of their business internationally. "We began coming to NAMM in 2004 and it has obviously made a huge difference for us," said Melissa Irwin-Rees. "We love NAMM and it truly has helped our business grow. We come here to find new dealers and new distributors, and people know our brand name. It all started for us here at NAMM."Bringing products to an entirely new potential cadre of distribution channels is part of the NAMM Show's enduring cachet. Bethany Pryor of Blocki Flute Method of Gibsonia, PA said the NAMM Show represents more effective international opportunities than flute conventions. "NAMM Show is the best place we have found to make contact with people from all over the world," she said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV