Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE), a global technology and specialty materials company, today reported fourth quarter 2012 adjusted earnings per share of $0.67, a 16 percent increase over the prior year period, driven by expanded operating EBITDA margins in the company's Consumer Specialties, Advanced Engineered Materials and Acetyl Intermediates segments. Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations for the quarter were $0.60 compared with $0.61 last year.
|Three Months Ended||
|(in $ millions, except per share data) - Unaudited||2012||2011||2012||2011|
|Operating profit (loss)||86||97||511||690|
|Net earnings (loss) attributable to Celanese Corporation||95||95||605||607|
|Operating EBITDA 1||254||243||1,209||1,362|
|Diluted EPS - continuing operations||$||0.60||$||0.61||$||3.81||$||3.81|
|Diluted EPS - total||$||0.59||$||0.60||$||3.79||$||3.82|
|Adjusted EPS 2||$||0.67||$||0.58||$||3.80||$||4.47|
1 Non-U.S. GAAP measure. See reconciliation in Table 1A.
2 Non-U.S. GAAP measure. See reconciliation in Table 6.
"Celanese completed 2012 with strong fourth quarter results reflecting the breadth of our global footprint, the depth of our product portfolio and our success in delivering innovative customer applications while also improving our cost position. As a result, we expanded operating EBITDA margins by 180 basis points and increased adjusted earnings per share by 16 percent over the prior year period even with a challenging economic environment and continued trough-like demand for acetyl products and derivatives," said Mark Rohr, chairman and chief executive officer. "Celanese also delivered strong cash flow, ending the year with nearly $1 billion of cash on the balance sheet and well positioned to pursue our growth initiatives and balanced capital deployment strategy in 2013."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV