W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) today reported net income for the fourth quarter of 2012 of $165 million, or $1.17 per share, compared with $117 million, or 82 cents per share, for the fourth quarter of 2011.
Summary Financial Data
(Amounts in thousands, except per share data)
|Fourth Quarter||Full Year|
|Gross premiums written||$||1,452,709||$||1,255,879||$||5,779,879||$||5,077,313|
|Net premiums written||1,228,135||1,090,511||4,898,539||4,357,368|
|Net income per diluted share||1.17||0.82||3.56||2.69|
|Operating income (1)||90,430||82,290||373,790||309,564|
|Operating income per diluted share||0.64||0.58||2.61||2.13|
(1) Operating income is a non-GAAP financial measure defined by the Company as net income excluding net investment gains and losses.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts