Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (IDT
or the Company) (NASDAQ: IDTI), the Analog and Digital Company™ delivering essential mixed-signal semiconductor solutions, today announced results for the fiscal third quarter ended December 30, 2012.
“We delivered Q3 results within the range of our prior projections despite continued broad-based weakness in demand,” said Dr. Ted Tewksbury, president and CEO of IDT. “Our bottom line results hit the midpoint of our prior projections due to reduced operating expenses and improved product mix. We also generated healthy cash flow from operations during the quarter, highlighting the resilience of our operating model in the face of a weak macroeconomic environment.”
“Although visibility into near term demand is limited, design win activity remains strong and we expect top line growth from new product categories to accelerate in the second half of this calendar year, led by wireless power and enterprise flash controllers. In addition, we believe that improvement in our core business and continued operating expense reductions will enable us to achieve significant operating margin expansion in fiscal year 2014.”
IDT recently announced:
- The industry’s most integrated wireless power transmitter solutions for the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) Tx-A5, Tx-A6, and Tx-A11 configurations. The new products expand IDT's portfolio of WPC Qi-compliant magnetic induction transmitters with solutions optimized for single-coil 5V and three-coil 12V applications.
- A new RF digital step attenuator that reduces glitches by up to 95 percent in cellular base station and industrial applications, enabling customers to simplify their software interface, improve reliability, and prevent damage to expensive sub-assemblies such as power amplifiers.
- The industry’s first low-power dual 16-bit 1.5 GSPS digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with an advanced JESD204B serial interface for multi-carrier broadband wireless applications. The new high-speed DAC delivers best-in-class dynamic performance, eases system-level cooling requirements, and simplifies board routing.
- The industry’s first high-performance quad frequency MEMS oscillators with multiple synchronous outputs. IDT’s enhanced MEMS oscillators offer configurable outputs in an industry-standard package footprint, saving board area in communication, networking, and storage applications.
- The availability of the industry’s first complete chipset for DDR4 load reduced dual inline memory modules (LRDIMMs). The clear advantages afforded by LRDIMMs as a speed-scalable memory technology are expected to drive adoption across a broad array of memory intensive computing and storage applications and IDT is leading the way with DDR4 LRDIMM memory interface solutions.
- It was recognized with a product of the year award from Electronic Products Magazine and a 2012 best electronic design award from Electronic Design Magazine for its NVM Express (NVMe) enterprise flash controller. The PCIe Gen3 flash controller family provides a standard solution for PCI Express based SSDs, enabling enterprise storage and server OEMs to dramatically improve latency and throughput performance.
The following highlights the Company’s financial performance on both a GAAP and supplemental non-GAAP basis. The Company provides supplemental information regarding its operating performance on a non-GAAP basis that excludes certain gains, losses and charges which occur relatively infrequently and which management considers to be outside our core operating results. Non-GAAP results are not in accordance with GAAP and may not be comparable to non-GAAP information provided by other companies. Non-GAAP information should be considered a supplement to, and not a substitute for, financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP. A complete reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results from continuing operations is attached to this press release.
Webcast and Conference Call Information
- Revenue from continuing operations for the fiscal third quarter of 2013 was $115.1 million, compared with $120.0 million reported in the same period one year ago.
- GAAP net loss from continuing operations for the fiscal third quarter of 2013 was $5.2 million, or a loss of $0.04 per diluted share, versus GAAP net loss of $0.9 million or a loss of $0.01 per diluted share in the same period one year ago. Fiscal third quarter 2013 GAAP results include $9.1 million in acquisition and restructuring related charges, $2.8 million in stock-based compensation, and $0.6 million in benefits from tax effects.
- Non-GAAP net income from continuing operations for the fiscal third quarter of 2013 was $6.2 million or $0.04 per diluted share, compared with non-GAAP net income from continuing operations of $8.5 million or $0.06 per diluted share reported in the same period one year ago.
- GAAP gross profit for the fiscal third quarter of 2013 was $63.0 million, or 54.7 percent, compared with GAAP gross profit of $63.9 million, or 53.2 percent, reported in the same period one year ago. Non-GAAP gross profit for the fiscal third quarter of 2013 was $66.7 million, or 58.0 percent, compared with non-GAAP gross profit of $65.7 million, or 54.7 percent, reported in the same period one year ago.
- GAAP R&D expense for the fiscal third quarter of 2013 was $40.2 million, compared with GAAP R&D expense of $38.4 million reported in the same period one year ago. Non-GAAP R&D expense for the fiscal third quarter of 2013 was $37.7 million, compared with non-GAAP R&D of $34.9 million in the same period one year ago.
- GAAP SG&A expense for the fiscal third quarter of 2013 was $27.4 million, compared with GAAP SG&A expense of $23.7 million in the same period one year ago. Non-GAAP SG&A expense for the fiscal third quarter of 2013 was $21.7 million, compared with non-GAAP SG&A expense of $20.6 million in the same period one year ago.
Investors can listen to a live or replay webcast of the Company’s quarterly financial conference call at
. The live webcast will begin at 1:30 p.m. Pacific time on January 28, 2013. The webcast replay will be available after 5 p.m. Pacific time on January 28, 2013.
Investors can also listen to the live call at 1:30 p.m. Pacific time on January 28, 2013 by calling (800) 230-1092 or (612) 288-0329. The conference call replay will be available after 5 p.m. Pacific time on January 28, 2013 through 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on February 4, 2013 at (800) 475-6701 or (320) 365-3844. The access code is 278455.