The HP Chromebook: RIP Microsoft
More Chrome OS models will need to include all display sizes, all battery sizes, and more premium models with excellent screens, pixel resolutions and first-class keyboards. This should not be that difficult or take too long. The new HP model is one small, but important step, in that journey.
Most people are still pooh-poohing Chromebooks. They are written off as jokes by geeks who are gaming fanatics, and by the same people who said BlackBerry could never be replaced in the enterprise market. No matter, this is the other side of the coin of Microsoft hurting.
Google is in ascendancy. And it's Chrome OS just as much as Android, leading the way.
At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL and
GOOG and short MSFT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV