LIRS Welcomes New Bipartisan Immigration Framework, Awaits Obama Speech
WASHINGTON, Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) applauds the framework for comprehensive immigration reform released today by a bipartisan group of senators, and awaits President Barack Obama's speech tomorrow in Las Vegas with high hopes that he will keep urging lawmakers to move rapidly to pass fair and comprehensive immigration reform.
"The principles released today by the group of eight senators confirm that now is the time for Congress to pass immigration reform," said LIRS President and CEO Linda Hartke.
"LIRS looks forward to working with Democratic and Republican leaders in Congress as they come together, for the well-being of our nation, to answer the president's call to build an immigration system that works for America," said Hartke. "The principles put forward today, if enacted into law, would provide a workable process for migrants to continue contributing to the United States."
LIRS calls for comprehensive immigration reform that reflects American values by:
- Providing a roadmap to citizenship for undocumented immigrants and their families
- Ensuring humane and just immigration enforcement, specifically by reducing use of detention
- Safeguarding families from separation and ensuring sufficient visas for families seeking to reunite
- Promoting integration of those fleeing persecution and of other vulnerable migrants
- Protecting U.S. citizen and migrant workers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV