FANDANGO MOVIEGOERS NOW CAN BUY TICKETS USING SIRI
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fandango , the nation's leading moviegoer destination, today announced its customers using iOS devices now can enjoy the next evolution of movie ticket purchasing through Siri, Apple's intelligent personal assistant that helps you get things done just by asking. This new Siri feature is available on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 6.1, the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system.
iOS 6.1 makes it convenient to purchase tickets through Fandango's award-winning mobile app. Using iOS devices, moviegoers simply ask Siri to find a specific movie, nearby theaters or desired showtimes. Siri then offers the option to "Buy Tickets" and launches the Fandango app for customers to complete their ticket purchase. For added convenience, moviegoers can add their Paperless Mobile Tickets to Passbook, which lets them scan their iPhone or iPod touch to get into the movie at select theaters.
"Fandango is committed to innovating across all platforms and helping shape the future of moviegoing," said Paul Yanover, President of Fandango. "With this new Siri feature, movie fans can quickly and easily discover the nearest theaters, find the most convenient showtimes, and buy tickets through Fandango to help make movie night perfect."Mobile continues to be a strong driver of traffic and ticket sales for Fandango. Fandango's 2012 mobile ticket sales increased 171 percent year-over-year, now accounting for more than 30 percent of overall Fandango ticket sales. Downloads of Fandango's popular mobile apps in 2012 also experienced a 50 percent increase over the previous year, with total downloads surpassing the 31 million mark. Following Apple's launch of Passbook, downloads of Fandango's iOS app skyrocketed, boosting Fandango to one of the top 10 free entertainment apps in the App Store.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV