Global Glass Packaging Industry
A REGIONAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE 33
1. THE UNITED STATES 33Market Overview 33Table 8: The US Recent Past, Current & Future Analysis forGlass Packaging Market - Analyzed with Annual Sales Figuresin US$ Million for Years 2010 through 2015 33
Table 9: Glass Container Industry in the US by End-UseProduct (2010): Market Share Breakdown of Application forBeer, Food, Non-alcoholic Drinks and Others 33
Table 10: US Market for Food Containers (2010): PercentageShare Breakdown for Bags, Pouches, Paperboard, Metal,Plastic, and Glass 34Market Parameters & Segmentation 34Increasing Demand for Plastic - A Major Threat 34Towards Increasing Adoption of Fully Recyclable Glass 34Pricing Scenario 35Competitive Scenario - A Historic Perspective 35Table 11: Leading Players in the US Glass Packaging Market(2005 & 2006): Percentage Breakdown of Value Sales forOwens- Illinois, Saint-Gobain, Anchor Glass, and Others 36End-Use Segment Analysis 36Beverages Drive Demand for Glass 37Table 12: US Historic Glass Container Shipments by Category:Beer, Food, Non-Alcoholic Beverages, Wine, Spirits, AllOther (Toiletries, Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals), and FlavoredAlcoholic Beverages Independently Analyzed with Annual SalesFigures in Million Units for Years 2003 through 2008 38Beverages 38Beverage Containers Market Scenario 38Table 13: Glass Container Shipments for Beverages in the USby Category: 2008-2012 (In Million Units) 39Alcoholic Beverages 40Table 14: Glass Container Shipments for Alcoholic Beveragesin the US by Category: 2008-2012 (In Million Units) 40Soft Drinks 40Table 15: Consumption of Refillable 15 oz Equivalent SoftDrink Glass Containers in the US: 2008-2012 (In BillionUnits) 41Table 16: Consumption of Non-Refillable Soft Drink GlassContainers in the US by Container Type: 2008-2012 (InBillion Units) 41Food 42Table 17: Glass Food Containers Demand in the US (A HistoricPerspective): Annual Sales Figures in US$ Million for Years2003 through 2008 42A Focus on North American Glass Packaging Market 42Glass Container Recycling Takes Centerstage 42Changing Consumer Preferences 43Focus on Recycling 43Glass Container Industry to Witness EPR Initiatives and OtherState Legislations 43
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV