Aetna (NYSE: AET), Memorial Hermann Health System and the MHMD Memorial Hermann Physician Network today announced an accountable care collaboration which is anticipated to be available on April 1 in Harris, Montgomery and Fort Bend counties. This new agreement will give Aetna members access to highly coordinated care from physicians and facilities in the Memorial Hermann Accountable Care Network.
“Aetna is committed to changing the health care system from one that focuses on volume to one that focuses on quality of care and affordability,” said Joseph M. Zubretsky, Aetna senior executive vice president and chief financial officer who also leads the company’s strategic diversification businesses. “Our agreement with Memorial Hermann Health System and MHMD Memorial Hermann Physician Network will ensure that our members receive care that helps them live healthier, more productive lives.”
The accountable care collaboration will give employers better health care options for their employees, and will feature a new model of health care delivery designed to offer:
- A more coordinated, personalized experience for patients;
- Cost savings to employees who use providers in the Accountable Care Network; and
- Better health care outcomes.
Accountable care models drive focus on more coordinated careAn accountable care collaboration is a group of health care providers who assume responsibility for the quality and cost of care for a group of patients. Aetna members will receive an enhanced level of coordinated care in addition to the member benefits of their current Aetna plan. New payment agreements reward improvements in quality and costs of care The agreement features a new payment model to reward Memorial Hermann physicians for meeting quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction measures, including:
- The percentage of Aetna members who get recommended preventive care and screenings;
- Better management of patients with chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart failure;
- Reductions in avoidable hospital readmission rates; and
- Reductions in emergency room visits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV