Citrix Systems (CTXS) wants to help you access your computer from anywhere. The firm is one of the biggest names in desktop virtualization, selling the software that enables remote access to other PCs over the internet. While competition is fierce in the desktop virtualization space, CTXS is the league leader with a bigger installed base and more advanced software than its competitors are offering right now. With corporate IT departments typically less willing to switch their platforms (barring a very good reason), that customer stickiness should bode well for Citrix in 2013.
Citrix has some big growth opportunities in the "cloud" right now. The firm's hosted services cater to small and medium-sized businesses, a lucrative market that's been demanding virtualization for years. That's evident in the growth rates the firm's cloud services have been experiencing. Even though business services for the cloud have some big competition right now, few firms can offer the name recognition and technical capability that Citrix can.The firm has a spotless balance sheet, with approximately $1.5 billion in cash and investments and no debt. If Citrix starts putting more of that cash to work for the benefit of shareholder value, expect a strong year for shares in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV