Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Sometimes a company can set the base so low there's nowhere left to go but up.
Those were Jim Cramer's thoughts to Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Monday. He said if this was 2012, the markets would have pulverized shares of Caterpillar (CAT) after such disappointing results. In 2013, that's all changed.
Cramer explained that in today's market, investors are operating on the premise that the world is moving to a better place, and that means negatives can be ignored as investors focus on the promise of the positives."It's a very forgiving market," said Cramer, who admitted that even he would have a hard time building a short case for a stock that has fallen so low. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV