Leading Government Affairs Lawyer Jeffrey W. Munk Joins Baker Botts
WASHINGTON, Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jeffrey W. Munk, who built a leading government affairs practice representing clients on tax, energy and transportation issues, joined Baker Botts L.L.P. today as a partner in the firm's Washington office.
"Jeff will be a central part of the growth and further development of our Government Relations practice, where he will have primary responsibility for Congressional affairs," said Baker Botts Managing Partner Andrew M. Baker.Munk has designed and led major lobbying campaigns for international businesses, trade associations and non-profits, and represented clients on a wide-range of legislative issues during his legal career. He has also successfully developed and managed complex legal and lobbying initiatives in the fields of tax, energy and transportation policy. Munk joins Baker Botts after spending 16 years at Hogan Lovells in Washington. Previously, he served as Legislative Counsel for U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R- Texas). Jamie Baker, Partner in Charge of Baker Botts' Washington office, said: "We are very pleased to welcome Jeff to the firm, and we are excited about the new capabilities he brings to Baker Botts." Munk's experience includes:
- Developing and successfully advocating for the enactment of a tax regime for fractional ownership business aviation companies;
- Expanding the statute authorizing the Department of Energy loan guarantee program to cover advanced technology manufacturing in the United States by international auto manufacturers;
- Leading the effort to prevent a one-size-fits-all proposed regulation from applying new flight duty rules to cargo airline pilots;
- Expanding the manufacturing tax deduction to include oil refining; and
- Counseling an offshore financial association on U.S. extra-territorial taxation and banking laws.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV