Expect More Arizona Launches Statewide Education Excellence Tour
PHOENIX, Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Expect More Arizona, a statewide high expectations movement dedicated to world-class education for all Arizona students, has launched the Expect More Excellence Tour. The Excellence Tour will shine a light on what Arizonans are doing all over the state to make progress toward a world-class education.
"Students in Arizona need to be prepared to succeed in today's global economy, and that requires a world-class education," said Pearl Chang Esau, Expect More Arizona's President and CEO. "Countless students, educators, parents and communities are already working to raise the bar to that world-class level, and this tour is a way to both recognize their commitment and inspire excellence for all Arizona students."
The Expect More Excellence Tour celebrates the kind of world-class education Arizonans should expect and believe must be available to all students. The goal is to unite communities across the state in the commitment to make education for all a reality.
The Expect More Excellence Tour is now accepting submissions for "Excellence Spotlights" online at expectmorearizona.org. To be considered as an Excellence Spotlight, submissions must be made before March 15, 2013, and they should be comprised of video or photo with a short written description. Excellence Spotlights will be given to those submissions that best reflect the Five Building Blocks of World-Class Education as well as the impact of their content, and not judged on the production value of the video/image.Visitors to the Excellence Tour website are welcomed with a map of Arizona with examples of excellence pinned to their locations across the state. When visitors click on any example, they see a page where they can view video or photo submissions, read its story, vote for their favorites and share the submissions on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Any visitor is also welcome and encouraged to submit and support their own example of excellence; videos and photo submissions can be submitted on computers and most mobile and tablet devices. The Excellence Tour will culminate with a statewide tour to honor the top three Excellence Spotlights in each designated region with a recognition event. The winners in each of the four regions will receive $1,000 for the education program of their choice. Additionally, a "People's Choice of Excellence" will be determined by the most votes online, and will receive $1,000 for the education program of choice. The Excellence Tour is only one of Expect More Arizona's community outreach programs, which already include:
- Parental engagement program encouraging parents to stay involved in their children's education;
- Vote4Education, making education the number one priority for all Arizona voters; and
- College and career success planning for students.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV