High-power and high-frequency induction heating (IH) appliances require lower conduction losses and superior switching performance in order to achieve higher efficiency and system reliability in applications such as IH rice cookers, table-top induction cookers and inverter-based microwave ovens. Fairchild Semiconductor’s (NYSE: FCS) high-voltage field-stop shorted-anode trench IGBTs provide designers with a highly efficient, cost-effective solution to these design challenges.
Improve System Reliability, Reduce Power Losses: Energy Efficient, Field Stop Shorted-Anode IGBT Technology (Photo: Business Wire)
Ranging from 1100-1400V, this new product family is optimized with intrinsic anti-parallel diodes for soft switching applications. With advancements over the typical non-punch-through (NPT) IGBT technology, Fairchild’s shorted-anode silicon technology offers a lower saturation voltage of over 12 percent less than the same rating NPT-trench IGBT. Additionally, when compared to the competitor’s IGBT offerings, this product family offers a lower tail-current rate of over 20 percent. These rich features allow Fairchild’s advanced IGBTs to provide better thermal performance, higher efficiency and reduced power losses.
Features and Benefits:
- High-speed switching frequency range: 10 to 50 kHz
- Lowest tail-current in industry for improved switching loss (FGA20S140P)
- Low saturation voltage drop than existing NPT trench IGBTs
- Robust pot detection noise immunity for reliability
- High temperature stable behavior: T j(max) = 175 degree C
- RoHS compliant (Pb-free lead plating)
Packaging and Pricing Information (in US 1,000 quantity pieces) Samples available upon request - Delivery 8-12 weeks AROAvailable in a TO-3P 3L package:
- 1300V FGH30S130P $3.40
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts