MCLEAN, Va., Jan. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Air Force Space Command's Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) has awarded Northrop Grumman Corporation's (NYSE:NOC) Information Systems sector the Enhanced Polar System Control and Planning Segment (EPS CAPS) contract.
EPS CAPS provides space-enabled, secure communications capabilities to polar users in support of national objectives. It provides telemetry and control, mission planning and crypto planning for the EPS payload. The work to be performed is EPS systems engineering integration and test support, CAPS design and development of hardware and software, deployment and interim contractor support.
"We are excited to be working with the Military Satellite Communications Directorate to deliver this important national security space program for the Air Force," said Dave Ryan, vice president and general manager for Northrop Grumman's Intelligence Systems division.The base contract is for 18 months. The primary work will be done in Redondo Beach, Calif., with additional CAPS work performed in Orlando Fla., and Needham and Marlborough, Mass. The Northrop Grumman team includes General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc.; Raytheon; Boecore, Inc.; Pollere, Inc.; Monterey Technologies, Inc.; Meadowgate Technologies, LLC; Perales Consulting Group, LLC; and Affigent, LLC. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
CONTACT: Matt Szemborski 703-556-2384 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV