The tech titan will unveil a new iPad with 128 GB of storage, twice the amount of its largest model, according to the 9to5Mac Web site, which cites unnamed sources.
Apple just refreshed the 9.7-inch iPad in October, along with the launch of the iPad mini, so this is not expected to be a new design, but just another fourth-gen iPad. It will be the largest storage device Apple has in the family, as the iPad and iPad mini currently only come in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB models.
With the increased storage, Apple's likely to increase the price as well. 9to5Mac reports that the device will price around $799 for the Wi-Fi model, and $929 for the 4G LTE model. There's no word on which carriers will offer the tablet, but Apple already sells the cellular version of the iPad through Verizon (VZ), AT&T (T) and Sprint (S), so it's a good bet that these carriers will also get the 128 GB model.Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment on this story. Shares of Apple bucked the broader market, gaining 2.31% to trade at $450.34. Since the start of 2013, Apple's stock has lost more than 15% on concerns of revenue estimates being missed and product staleness with consumers. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV