PPG Industries (NYSE: PPG) today announced the successful closing of the previously announced separation of its commodity chemicals business and merger of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Eagle Spinco Inc., with a subsidiary of Georgia Gulf Corporation (NYSE: GGC). Pursuant to the merger, Eagle Spinco, the entity holding PPG’s former commodity chemicals business, is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Georgia Gulf. The closing of the merger followed the expiration of the related exchange offer and the satisfaction of certain other conditions. The combined company formed by uniting Georgia Gulf with PPG’s former commodity chemicals business will be named Axiall Corporation and will be traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol AXLL.
In the merger, each share of Eagle Spinco common stock was automatically converted into the right to receive one share of Georgia Gulf common stock. As a result, PPG shareholders who tendered their shares of PPG common stock as part of the exchange offer received 3.2562 shares of Georgia Gulf common stock for each share of PPG common stock exchanged and accepted by PPG.
Pursuant to the exchange offer, which expired today at 8:00 a.m., New York City time, PPG has accepted 10,825,227 shares of PPG common stock in exchange for 35,249,104 shares of Eagle Spinco common stock. Because more than 10,825,227 shares of PPG common stock were tendered, all shares of Eagle Spinco common stock owned by PPG are being distributed in the exchange offer, and no shares of Eagle Spinco common stock were distributed as a pro rata dividend.
In connection with the separation of PPG’s commodity chemicals business and its merger with Georgia Gulf, PPG also received approximately $900 million in cash. As a result of the successful exchange offer, PPG will reduce its outstanding shares of common stock by 10,825,227 shares, or approximately 7 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV