American Academy Of Arts And Sciences Launches Initiative To Address Challenges To Public Higher Education
"America's system of higher education, both public and private, has long given America a decisive competitive advantage in the global economy," Berlowitz said. "Public universities have provided a special pathway for immigrants and new generations of learners in America. Today, the ability of the system to maintain high quality and access for all qualified applicants is at risk."
The Academy has assembled a group of senior advisors to guide the initiative. Confirmed participants include Lawrence S. Bacow , former president of Tufts University; Gene Block , chancellor of the University of California, Los Angeles; Henry E. Brady , dean of Berkeley's Goldman School of Public Policy; Nancy E. Cantor , chancellor and president of Syracuse University; John T. Casteen III, former president of the University of Virginia; Mary Sue Coleman , president of the University of Michigan; Matthew Goldstein , chancellor of The City University of New York; Robert D. Haas , chairman emeritus of Levi Strauss & Co.; William Powers, Jr. , president of the University of Texas at Austin; Gerald Rosenfeld , Senior Advisor and Vice Chairman of U.S. Investment Banking at Lazard Ltd.; and Frank D. Yeary , chairman of CamberView Partners LLC.
The Academy will organize a series of national conferences and engage leaders in government and industry who influence education policy at the state, federal, and institutional levels. The Academy has received initial support for the planned three-year project from public and private sources.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV