ACAMS Moneylaundering.com 18th Annual International AML & Financial Crime Conference Addresses The New Reality And Breadth Of Compliance
MIAMI, Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On March 18, 2013, the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) commences its annual moneylaundering.com International AML and Financial Crime Conference in Hollywood, Fla. The three-day gathering will feature industry-expert keynote speakers including Adam Szubin, Director at the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC); Jennifer Shasky Calvery, Director at the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN); and Larry Clinton, President of the Internet Security Alliance (ISAlliance).
The ACAMS moneylaundering.com Conference is the world's largest forum for senior-level financial crime professionals and is designed to provide high-level insight on global issues, regulatory changes, emerging industry trends, and compliance best practices. The annual event brings together more than 1,200 delegates from around the globe and across several industries, including banking, securities, law enforcement, and insurance, among others.
ACAMS Executive Vice President John Byrne, CAMS, says of the event: "The dramatic increase in obligations to the AML/Financial Crime prevention community over the last 18 years of this conference has resulted in ACAMS expanding our subject matter focus. Our success in responding to that and member recommendations has resulted in this conference becoming the single most important financial crime event for senior-level executives."
Byrne also emphasizes the growing threat of enforcement actions. "Regulatory and Law Enforcement agencies are stressing deep concerns over compliance departments in their ability to carry-out proper risk-based processes and measures for the detection and prevention of financial crime," Byrne says. "Our connection to leading industry experts —including Szubin, Shasky Calvery and Clinton—places us at the forefront of receiving crucial regulatory information and sharing it with compliance professionals worldwide."This year's theme focuses on "The New Reality of Compliance," and will feature a wide range of topics including:
- Preparing for the Next Generation of Money Launderers: Mitigating Threats Posed by m-Payments and e-Money
- Abiding by Foreign Privacy Laws when Performing Enhanced Due Diligence
- Designing an AML Framework for the New Global Financial Crime Paradigm
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV