An $10,000 (original) investment would be worth around $323,803 today (according to filings). Heck, if I was lucky enough to own a piece of the legendary tower, I would sell the shares at redeploy the proceeds into my favorite blue-chip, Realty Income (O).
I'm not sure why the opposition group is waging a fight. Manhattan property valuations are at record highs as property sales jumped over 85% from the third quarter of 2012 to the fourth quarter of 2012. In the fourth quarter (2012) sales volumes hit $10.8 billion eclipsing the most recent quarterly high mark of $10.6 billion (Q3-11).
The naysayers are hosting a conference call on February 7 to revisit complaints and argue the merits of the proposed public listing. If the deal goes forward, I won't be named on the "wall of fame" but I will frame a share it on my wall beside my share of Trump Tower Casino.
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @swan_investor This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV