Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), a global software company that simplifies and enables the development and deployment of business applications, today announced the new Progress® OpenEdge® 11.2 cloud application development platform, featuring the cloud-based OpenEdge Mobile App Builder product.
A recent study of enterprise IT organizations worldwide, conducted by independent market research firm Vanson Bourne and sponsored by Progress Software, found many organizations are planning to connect end-users with enterprise approved mobile applications – thereby bridging an ”App Gap”. However, many of these organizations anticipate the need to address potential roadblocks, including security risks, additional investment required and the need for ongoing support.
Officially launched at the Progress Software Global Partner Conference taking place this week in Las Vegas, Nevada, the Progress OpenEdge Mobile App Builder product will help organizations bridge the app gap by allowing independent software vendors (ISVs) and developers to “write once, run anywhere,” providing a quick and easy way to get applications up and running on all mobile operating systems, including iOS and Android. It also allows developers to continuously and efficiently update applications as the mobile market evolves and new devices are introduced. The OpenEdge Mobile App Builder product provides a highly productive, simplified development experience from start to finish enabling end-user access to critical business applications using multiple mobile devices.
More than 1,400 ISVs actively build their business applications based on the award-winning Progress OpenEdge platform and there are hundreds of applications based on the OpenEdge platform running in the Cloud.The OpenEdge Mobile App Builder product is fully integrated with the Progress OpenEdge backend, eliminating the need for developers to recreate existing services. This also provides an optimized development environment for transactional applications. New OpenEdge 11.2 platform features include:
- Productivity and Performance Improvements: Session-level Structured Error Handling , improved performance for AppServer invocations , support for SQL offset/fetch statements , Progress Developer Studio: Scratch Editor , and sub-Second PAUSE support for Processes from ABL; and
- Added Platform Support: Windows 8, SQL Servers 2012 certification and Eclipse 3.7 support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV