Varsity Tutors Continues Its Expansion Into Major Metropolitan Areas With New Baltimore Location, Creating 30 Tutoring Job Opportunities
BALTIMORE, Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As of February 1, Varsity Tutors will bring its services to the greater Baltimore area. Currently in 14 major metropolitan areas, the private tutoring organization provides students nationwide with premier tutoring and test prep and will soon have another location to add to its list of home-bases by expanding its tutoring to Baltimore.
Washington D.C. is one of the company's largest markets and word of its business has notably spread throughout Maryland, leading the company to schedule the addition of a Baltimore location. Potential clients in the region have frequently expressed interest in working with Varsity Tutors, pointing to the demand for high quality in-home tutoring. Soon, students in Baltimore will be matched to the great tutors that Varsity Tutors provides.
Higher education and a generally stronger focus on test scores have become greater priorities in the student population due to the uncertainty of today's economy. Varsity Tutors has received a significant increase in requests for tutors, particularly in the high school test prep areas such as SAT and ACT tutoring. Founder and CEO Chuck Cohn says the new Baltimore addition will help reach a wider audience of students in need, and also help fulfill one of the company's major goals – expanding the business.
"It has always been a priority to scale Varsity Tutors nationally," says Cohn. "We started out in just one city, so to be at 15 now is incredible. What we need to do now is maintain that momentum in order to provide the best academic tutoring and test prep to students across the country. We plan to open multiple additional markets this year."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV