IRVINGTON, N.Y., Jan. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MELA Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq:MELA), the medical device company focused on the design, development and commercialization of MelaFind ®, today announced that Joseph V. Gulfo, MD, President and CEO, will be participating at three upcoming investor conferences.
- On Thursday, February 14, 2013, Dr. Gulfo will give a presentation at the Leerink Swann Global Healthcare Conference in New York. To access a live webcast of this presentation, visit the investor relations section of www.melasciences.com . A replay will be available on the company's website for two weeks following the presentation.
- On Wednesday, February 27, 2013, Dr. Gulfo will participate in the Lazard Capital Markets 5 th Annual Medical Technology, Healthcare IT and Life Science Tools Snowbird Conference in Utah.
- On Wednesday, March 6 2013, Dr. Gulfo will give a presentation at the Cowen & Company 33 rd Annual Healthcare Conference in Boston. To access a live webcast of this presentation, visit the investor relations section of www.melasciences.com . A replay will be available on the company's website for two weeks following the presentation.
About MELA Sciences, Inc.
MELA Sciences is a medical device company focused on the commercialization of its flagship product, MelaFind ®, and its further design and development. MelaFind is a non-invasive tool to provide additional information to dermatologists during melanoma skin examinations. The device uses light from visible to near-infrared wavelengths to evaluate skin lesions up to 2.5 mm beneath the skin. The device provides information on a lesion's level of morphologic disorganization to provide additional objective information that may be used by dermatologists in the biopsy decision-making process. MelaFind has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for use in the US. In addition, MelaFind has received CE Mark approval and is approved for use in the European Union.For more information on MELA Sciences, visit www.melasciences.com . Safe Harbor This press release includes "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include but are not limited to our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions and other statements that contain words such as "expects," "contemplates," "anticipates," "plans," "intends," "believes," "assumes," "predicts" and variations of such words or similar expressions that predict or indicate future events or trends, or that do not relate to historical matters. These statements are based on our current beliefs or expectations and are inherently subject to significant known and unknown uncertainties and changes in circumstances, many of which are beyond our control. There can be no assurance that our beliefs or expectations will be achieved. Actual results may differ materially from our beliefs or expectations due to financial, economic, business, competitive, market, regulatory and political factors or conditions affecting the company and the medical device industry in general, as well as more specific risks and uncertainties facing the company such as those set forth in its reports on Forms 10-Q and 10-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). Factors that might cause such a difference include whether MelaFind(R) achieves market acceptance or becomes commercially viable. Given the uncertainties affecting companies in the medical device industry such as the Company, any or all of these forward-looking statements may prove to be incorrect. Therefore, you should not rely on any such factors or forward-looking statements. The Company urges you to carefully review and consider the disclosures found in its filings with the SEC which are available at www.sec.gov and www.melasciences.com .
CONTACT: For Investors Lynn Pieper Westwicke Partners 415-202-5678 For Media Erica Sperling Rpr Marketing Communications 212-317-1462 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV