Today, the Financial Times and Citi announce a global call for submissions for the 2013 FT/Citi Ingenuity Awards: Urban Ideas in Action, a global programme that will recognise individuals, teams, organisations and community groups that have developed groundbreaking solutions to urban challenges that benefit cities, citizens and urban communities.
With more than 3.3 billion people currently living in urban areas – a number expected to rise to over 5 billion by 2030, according to a United Nations report – cities have a pressing need to address accelerating urbanisation to continue to thrive. This global programme was developed by the FT and Citi, in collaboration with INSEAD, to recognise those fueling urban progress.
What’s New for 2013
In 2013, the FT/Citi Ingenuity Awards will be selected in a wide range of areas – from city administration, transport systems, energy and utilities, education and resource management, to housing, health, public safety, social services, mobile technologies, community engagement and collaboration platforms.
- Top candidates will be profiled in two FT global magazine supplements.
- Finalists will be selected by region.
- Regional finalists will be invited to participate in events to further dialogue on urban challenges and solutions with key industry leaders.
- One winner will be chosen for each region.
- A global winner will be announced at an awards dinner in New York in December 2013.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts