NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- By the time you read this, it's quite possible I will have already appeared on CNBC to discuss Apple (AAPL) and the crazy notion that it's finished as an innovative and dominant company.
The thought is as absurd as it is depressing. Mind-numbingly melancholy to even think it has come to this. But, as I explained last week, don't dig in. It's the absolute worst thing you can do right now as an investor. As a consumer, you still win -- for the foreseeable future -- if you buy Apple products, but it's folly -- pure poppycock -- to stamp the stock with the same air of approval.
If you're an investor, just swallow your pride and hop on the Apple sucks worse than the Toronto Maple Leafs bandwagon.
I've made this argument in bits and pieces over the last several weeks and months. You know, like, way back, shortly after Steve Jobs died, when the I wonder if Tim Cook can innovate speculation wasn't as well-received as it is now.But wait!. Stop, drop and roll. That's the whole point. Right there. That argument is chic now. It has become hipster cool in the hyper-geeky world of tech and the financial media to dog Apple. Yeah, man, Apple sucks. It's so last year, brah. But, here's the deal: Other than flimsy cases for the lady of the night of mobile operating systems -- Google's (GOOG) Android -- false optimism over Research in Motion's (RIMM) Blackberry 10 and way below the radar hype for strong-selling Samsung phones, the haters ain't got nothing to legitimately replace Apple with.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV