NEW YORK, Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: FCN), the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced that its FTI Technology practice will present on key e-discovery issues during three educational sessions at the LegalTech New York 2013 conference this week. Legal practitioners can earn up to 4.5 continuing legal education (CLE) credits from most states by attending each of the three sessions on Jan. 30 at the New York Hilton.
"These three sessions take a close look at the trends and technology that are transforming e-discovery," said Mike Kinnaman, Senior Managing Director of FTI Technology. "The panels feature an all-star group of experts from corporations, law firms, academia and the bench to help attendees navigate these trends and plan for the future."
The panel sessions, all to be held in the Trianon Ballroom of the New York Hilton on Jan. 30, are:
E-discovery and the Cloud — a Checklist for Success — from 10:30 a.m.–11:45 a.m. ETCloud computing can offer compelling benefits for every segment of the technology and legal worlds, including e-discovery. But this high-profile trend also creates new and often high-profile risks. This session examines the factors to consider in transitioning all or part of your organization's e-discovery functions to the cloud, including complex issues that potentially can affect your firm's security, business continuity and compliance — while exposing clients to unnecessary liability. This session addresses ways to avoid the possible hidden pitfalls, including:
- Key legal considerations for moving to the cloud, including the advantages of risks of public vs. private clouds
- Important technical considerations for moving to the cloud, including security, 24/7 access and data privacy
- Tips on effectively negotiating service-level agreements with cloud providers
- The future of e-discovery analytics, including predictive coding
- The key skills and training attorneys will need in order to effectively manage e-discovery, including statistics
- Advice on how to plan and prepare for e-discovery in 2015
- The legal and technical ramifications of a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environment
- The role of analytics in improving legal review
- The technology and policies to help manage Big Data's impact on e-discovery
- The future of information governance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV