ANN ARBOR, Mich., Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice, training and preparation for this weekend aren't just taking place on the football field, as Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ), the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, is counting down to kickoff and ready to take on its biggest day of the year.
As the San Francisco and Baltimore football teams get ready for their biggest Sunday of the season, Domino's anticipates delivering over 11 million pizza slices and 2.5 million chicken wings nationwide on game day – nearly an 80 percent overall increase from a typical Sunday.
"Every night in a Domino's store is a dress rehearsal for big days like Sunday," said Chris Brandon, Domino's Pizza spokesperson. "There are few occasions better than this one for us to deliver pizza, wings and other Domino's favorites to gatherings across the nation – and our team is certainly prepared and ready to deliver a great game day meal to millions on Sunday."One of the convenient ways fans and customers can get what they want from Domino's will be via digital ordering – whether it be online or through an app on their mobile device. On Sunday, helped by features such as timed ordering and Domino's Tracker ®, Domino's expects to see a 30 percent increase in digital orders over a typical Sunday. "We hope customers will take advantage of our useful timed ordering feature for that big order on the big day – one of the many ways online ordering can give you one less thing to think about come Sunday," said Brandon. Domino's isn't the only company excited about the big day – and will be participating with a key partner who is also looking forward to Sunday. Coca-Cola began its Big Game campaign on Jan. 23 at www.CokeChase.com, which encourages fans to help determine the ending of its game day commercial, and features exclusive integration from Domino's, as well as promotion on Domino's Tracker and throughout online ordering. Domino's Pizza Game Day Fun Facts
- This Sunday, in the U.S. alone, Domino's delivery drivers will cover the equivalent of more than 300 round trips from San Francisco to Baltimore – a 50 percent increase over a typical day.
- Over the years, Domino's stores have seen sales tend to increase when the game is close and viewers are glued to their TVs.
- Also, while both San Francisco and Baltimore Domino's stores will see high sales at the beginning of the game, the city of the winning team will likely see higher sales at the end of the night.
- During last year's game, Domino's delivered enough pizzas to stretch across more than 5,000 football fields.
- Domino's expects to sell 2.5 million chicken wings (boneless and bone-in), which is a 165 percent increase over a typical Sunday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV