CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- David's Bridal, the nation's leading bridal and special occasion authority, has announced the launch of " My Event," an exclusive and free online wedding planning tool that allows brides to plan their wedding in an innovative way from start to finish using an all new, user-friendly interface.
"My Event" is designed to help newly engaged brides by providing a suite of tools for fun and stress-free wedding planning, while staying connected to friends and family throughout the process. David's Bridal developed "My Event" to meet the needs of today's brides who are increasingly looking to social media for inspiration and collaboration in order to create a uniquely personalized wedding celebration.
With almost 81 million U.S. women using social networking and two-thirds of brides citing that social media was or will be part of their wedding celebrations*, David's Bridal developed "My Event" with social integration to Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
With "My Event" brides are able to privately discuss wedding details with their parties, assign tasks to those involved in the planning process, and create shopping lists to be assigned and tracked. All of the details and progress are reported back for the bride in the centralized hub of the Event, making it a go-to resource for her special day."As the industry leader, we continually strive to deliver the most useful and innovative tools for brides," said Kristen Celko, VP eCommerce at David's Bridal. "Our brand promise begins with the dress of her dreams. Our digital presence allows us to continually engage and support brides from their engagement until 'I Do.'" Tools available on "My Event" include:
- Wedding Party – Invite friends and family to your private online space where you can all have fun communicating about the big day.
- Newsfeed – Get real-time updates and host personalized discussions on wedding planning details.
- Shopping Lists – Create lists of wedding must-haves for yourself, your bridesmaids, or anybody you choose, and keep track of everyone's purchases.
- Mood Boards – Design boards that represent your unique vision of your event and get inspiration from your party and the Public Gallery.
- Task Lists – Prioritize, assign and organize wedding to-do's.
- Budget Planner – Get a breakdown of recommendations, make adjustments, and monitor spending.