Seeking Alpha removed five articles from its web site Sunday, all of which included an identical paragraph about Galena and its experimental breast cancer vaccine Neuvax. The articles, published over the past two months, appeared to have been written by three different people all under the cloak of anonymity using the aliases Elegant Trader, Momentum Trading and Thomas Option Hunter.
After looking into the matter, Seeking Alpha discovered that a single individual wrote all five articles.
"We investigated this situation and have identified an individual who is responsible for these articles. As this person has operated contrary to our editorial and ethical principles, we have shut down their access to the site," said
Seeking Alpha Managing Editor George Moriarty, in an email response to questions regarding the articles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV