MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ:OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and analytics software for healthcare facilities and its partner, Mannai Corporation, today announced that the highly anticipated, all-digital Sidra Medical and Research Center has selected Omnicell as the exclusive provider of automated medication management solutions throughout its facility. Omnicell's G4 platform will serve as an integral component of Sidra's planned wireless and virtually paperless nursing and pharmacy operations. Sidra's mission is to provide world-class patient care along with medical education and research. To support the achievement of these goals, the Qatar Foundation has committed $7.9 billion, one of the largest endowments of its kind in the world.
After a competitive global review process of the most advanced medication automation technology, Omnicell's G4 platform was selected for its unique capabilities and overall patient safety benefits. Omnicell's highly interoperable solutions and advanced technology perfectly complement Sidra's goals of empowering providers through easier access to information, enabling the highest possible quality of patient care.
"As we strive to establish Sidra as one of the most modern medical facilities in the world, it is vital that we implement a medication automation solution that will integrate effortlessly with our other care delivery processes and systems," said Sidra's chief of health informatics Dr. Alistair Erskine. "We selected Omnicell's technologically advanced solutions because we are confident that this will help fulfill our vision of providing truly exceptional patient care. Omnicell, with its experience in the region, is an important relationship for Sidra as we build and strengthen our reputation as a leader in health care, medical research and academic medical training throughout the Middle East. We look forward to cooperating with Omnicell for many years to come."Sidra will open with around 400 beds while putting infrastructure in place to enable expansion to 550 beds in a subsequent phase. Sidra plans to use Omnicell technologies throughout the facility and intends to increase deployment over time to meet the hospital's growing needs as it expands. In addition to the OmniRx® G4 automated medication dispensing cabinets (ADCs), the following Omnicell technologies will be implemented:
- Omnicell's Anesthesia Workstation™, an automated dispensing cabinet that improves medication security in the operating room without sacrificing convenient access to medications and supplies.
- Savvy™, a mobile medication workstation designed to streamline the medication administration process and provide safe and secure transportation of medications from the ADC to the patient's bedside, helping nurses administer medications more quickly, saving time for other patient care tasks.
- Anywhere RN™ remote medication management software, which provides nurses with a flexible approach to the medication administration process that positively impacts nursing and patient safety. It is a web-based application designed specifically for nurses that lets them remotely access the Omnicell cabinets from virtually any computer or workstation in the patient care area, including the Savvy mobile medication workstation. Study data shows that with Anywhere RN running on Savvy mobile medication systems or networked workstations, nurses are interrupted on average 54 percent less during critical medication administration procedures, and they also spend an average of 33 percent less time doing administrative duties at the dispensing cabinet. Nurses are thus freed to spend more time focusing on their clinical work and spending time with their patients. 1
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts