Crown Says: "Let's Get To Work"
KNOXVILLE, Tenn., Jan. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Finding a new job is everyone's problem. Crown Financial Ministries President Robert Dickie III observed that one third of Americans report that they will be job hunting this year. This goes much further than the more than 23 million Americans who are unemployed or underemployed, including discouraged job seekers who have given up the hunt, 12.5 million actively looking for work, and 8 million people with part-time jobs who need fulltime employment.
In a column at Fox News out today, Dickie observed, "In today's economy, a job is no longer something that binds employer and employee 'til death do us part.' In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, people hold an average of 10 to 15 jobs during a career."
After 35 years of helping people reach career and financial goals, Crown has advised millions of people in developing a career. To get to work in 2013, here are seven proven tips to finding a dream job.
1. Accept ResponsibilityYour next great job begins with you. No economy, political party, or corporate entity can be responsible for your success. Begin your job hunt knowing that you can do this. As Thomas Jefferson noted, "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." 2. Know Yourself Knowing yourself is the first step to creating a career that will meet your goals in life. Evaluation tools, such as Career Direct® and others help provide a roadmap to your greatest strengths and skills. Before investing years of your life or possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars in education, take serious time to reflect on where you want to be and what strengths you have. Don't spend more time researching the next car you plan to buy than you spend researching your career and your interests. 3. Find a Mentor If branching out into something new, find a mentor. Get some experience working or volunteering with them and get acquainted with an industry you've always been intrigued by through getting to know influential people in that field. However, be careful to make the relationship mutual. Respect their time and try to take their advice more often than not. A great mentor will be a person with a long track record of proven success in their industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts