Fans, students and alumni packed the Georgia Dome on Saturday adding to the energy generated by dynamic performances by eight of the nation’s top marching bands from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) at the one-of-a-kind “House Party,” known as the Honda Battle of the Bands Invitational Showcase.
An electrifying performance by Grammy Award-winning R&B singer Brandy and American dance music singer and songwriter, Crystal Waters, added additional spark to the Honda Battle of the Bands presented by Verizon Wireless and official banking sponsor SunTrust Bank, which celebrated its 11 th annual Invitational Showcase.
The unparalleled pageantry, musicianship and camaraderie of the HBCU marching band experience was on full display with spirited performances by Albany State University, Alcorn State University, Bethune-Cookman University, Edward Waters College, Jackson State University, North Carolina A&T University, Tennessee State University and Winston-Salem State University.
The Showcase also hosted a dance-off between participating HBCU dance teams which used songs selected by fan vote via social media. Additionally, fans helped amp up the “house party” theme in two dance contests presented by official presenting sponsor, Verizon Wireless: one for individual fans to show off their best moves on the Georgia Dome field; the other for couples who wanted to dance in an iconic “Soul Train” line-style contest.Two lucky fans also left the Georgia Dome as proud owners of brand new Honda vehicles. One of the three finalists in the Honda Battle of the Bands Sweepstakes became the owner of the award-winning 2013 Honda Accord. Adding to the excitement, the crowd was surprised when a second lucky fan in attendance received a new 2013 Honda Civic.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV