Statement By The Honourable Bal Gosal, Minister Of State (Sport), On The Occasion Of The Rowing Canada Aviron Annual Award Banquet
VANCOUVER, Jan. 26, 2013 /CNW/ - I was honoured to have attended the Rowing Canada Aviron Award Banquet to honour Canada's best athletes in all levels of rowing. Throughout the past year, Canadian rowers made a name for themselves nationally and internationally.
On behalf of the Government of Canada, I am pleased to offer my congratulations to all our Canadian rowers, including those who made us proud at the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Their accomplishments are an inspiration to Canadians of all ages and abilities, particularly our young people.
Rowing is one of Canada's most successful medal sports, with an impressive history of accomplishments and podium finishes at the highest levels of competition, including the latest Olympic Summer Games in London. I commend the accomplishment of all the coaches and volunteers and everyone at Rowing Canada Aviron who are devoted to bringing excellence to this sport.
We will continue working with Canada's sport organizations, like Rowing Canada Aviron, to support our athletes and the sport in Canada. The Government of Canada is the single largest contributor to sport in Canada and supports participation and excellence from playground to podium.As Minister of State (Sport), I would like to recognize all our athletes being honoured at the Rowing Canada Aviron Annual Award Banquet. Congratulations on this important achievement. SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV