McKee Seeks Hostess' Drake's Brand: Report
NEW YORK -- A published report says McKee Foods Corp. is offering to pay between $25 million to $30 million to acquire the Drake's brand from Hostess Brands Inc.
The report late Friday in The Wall Street Journal cited unnamed people familiar with the negotiations between the two packaged food companies. McKee, based in Collegedale, Tenn., makes Little Debbie snack cakes.
Hostess, based in Irving, Texas, is filling bids for its brands in stages after announcing in November plans to close its business. The bids set a floor for an auction process that lets rivals make better offers.
Hostess said Friday that it expects to unveil a bidder for Drake's snack cakes, which include Devil Dogs and Yodels, next week.McKee spokesman Mike Gloekler declined to comment on the report Saturday. An email and phone call to a Hostess representative was not immediately returned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV