SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif., Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Founders Community Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Founders Bancorp (OTCBB:FBCP) today reported net income of $850 thousand for the year ended December 31, 2012, up 76.7 percent from $481 thousand for the year ended December 31, 2011.
"Founders Community Bank completed a profitable quarter and a very productive year by focusing on consistent growth in our core products of loans and deposits and improved service to our communities," said Chief Executive Officer Thomas J. Sherman.
"Total loans grew to $97.9 million, an increase of 13.4 percent while maintaining strong loan quality with no loans past due more than 30 days or on non-accrual. Furthermore, Other Real Estate Owned decreased to $751 thousand at December 31, 2012. In addition to the loan growth, the Bank also grew deposits to $120.0 million, an increase of 10.6 percent. The continued and consistent growth in both the loan portfolio and deposits is a testament to the dedication and expertise of our employees," commented Sherman.
During 2012 the Bank also expanded its physical locations by adding a new full service branch at 310 Morro Bay Boulevard, Morro Bay, CA. In coordination with the two San Luis Obispo branches and a loan production office in Atascadero, this branch offers loan generation, deposit acceptance, internet banking, safe deposit boxes and other financial services.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Highlights
(at or for the quarter ended December 31, 2012, compared to December 31, 2011 unless otherwise noted)
- Net income grew by $13 thousand in the fourth quarter 2012 to $236 thousand or 5.8 percent over the same quarter in 2011.
- Net income before provision for income tax expense grew by $353 thousand in the fourth quarter 2012 to $407 thousand or 653.7 percent over the fourth quarter 2011.
- Total interest income increased to $1.5 million, up $115 thousand or 8.1 percent from fourth quarter 2011 due to organic loan growth.
- Net interest margin was 4.81 percent for the year ended December 31, 2012 up from 4.45 percent for the year ended December 31, 2011, due largely to the impact of steady loan growth and decreased cost of deposits.
- Total asset grew to $135.7 million, an increase of $12.3 million or 10.0 percent from December 31, 2011.
- Total loans grew to $97.9 million, an $11.6 million or 13.4 percent increase from December 31, 2011.
- Continued strong loan quality with no charged-off loans and recoveries of $1 thousand in the fourth quarter of December 2012.
- Total deposits grew to $120.0 million, an $11.5 million or 10.6 percent increase from December 31, 2011.
- Noninterest bearing deposits increased to $55.1 million or 45.9 percent of total deposits at December 31, 2012. Noninterest bearing deposits grew $10.0 million or 22.0 percent from December 31, 2011.
- Cost of deposits declined to 0.43 percent for the year ending December 31, 2012 as compared to 0.67 percent for the year ending December 31, 2011. Interest expense fell to $62 thousand for the fourth quarter 2012 versus $92 thousand in the fourth quarter of December 2011, a decline of 32.6 percent.
- Continued status as well-capitalized, the highest regulatory category.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV