Photo Release/Flash Quotes - Canadian Olympians, Paralympians, Coaches And Builders Receive Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medals
"Although this is a deep personal honour for Paralympians and Olympians, we are especially humbled that elite sport itself is being recognized today as a profound part of Canadian identity, worthy of celebration and pride."
- Josh Vander Vies, London 2012 Bronze medallist, Boccia
"It's amazing. It's the highest award I could receive in Canada so I feel very special."
- Mike Wilkinson, London 2012 Olympian, Rowing
"Everyone, whether born with their disability or whether they acquire it, deserves the right to feel the benefits of being active. If they eventually qualify for the Paralympics, let that be the cherry of top! I am honoured and will continue to promote the benefits of Paralympic sport well into the future."
- Elisabeth Walker-Young, Builder/Athlete, Paralympic Swimming, 2004 Bronze medallist, 2000 Gold medallist (three-time), 1996 Bronze medallist; Assistant Chef de Mission, London 2012 Paralympic Team
"It is a great honour to be recognized for having helped the Paralympic movement grow in Canada. My 12-year involvement with the CPC is still inspired today by the Paralympic athletes who demonstrate on a daily basis that no hurdle is too difficult to overcome. They are true role models for our youth and proof that if you believe in yourself, you really can realize your dream.
- Linda Sheehan, Community Programs Manager, Pfizer Canada Inc.
- Dorothy Ludwig, London 2012 Olympian, Shooting
- Hugh Conlin, Lead Coach ambulatory athletes, Para-Athletics program at Athletics Canada
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts