Southern Missouri Bancorp Reports Preliminary Fiscal 2013 Second Quarter And Year-to-date Results, Declares Dividend Of $0.15 Per Common Share, Schedules Conference Call To Discuss Results For January 29 At 3:30pm CST
· The Company posted loan growth of $36.0 million, or 6.2%, during the first six months of fiscal 2013; deposits increased $21.6 million, or 3.7%. Investment balances were up slightly, and cash balances decreased.
· Non-performing assets and non-performing loans increased in the first six months of fiscal 2013, but were down from totals reported for at September 30, 2012, as the Company worked through the resolution process of several previously classified credits.
Southern Missouri Bancorp, Inc. ("Company") (NASDAQ: SMBC), the parent corporation of Southern Bank ("Bank"), today announced preliminary net income available to common shareholders for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 of $2.4 million, a decrease of $122,000, or 4.8%, as compared to $2.6 million in net income available to common shareholders earned during the same period of the prior fiscal year. The decrease was attributable primarily to an increase in noninterest expense and an increase in provision for loan losses, partially offset by decreases in provisions for income taxes and increases in noninterest income and net interest income. Preliminary net income available to common shareholders was $.72 per fully diluted common share for the second quarter of fiscal 2013, a decrease of 24.2%, as compared to the $.95 per fully diluted common share earned during the same period of the prior fiscal year. The decrease was primarily the result of higher average fully diluted common shares outstanding following the common stock offering completed in November 2011. Before the dividend on preferred shares of $50,000, preliminary net income for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 was $2.5 million, a decrease of $194,000, or 7.2%, as compared to the same period of the prior fiscal year.
Dividend Declared:The Company is pleased to announce that the Board of Directors, on January 22, 2013, declared its 75 th consecutive quarterly dividend on common stock since the inception of the Company. The cash dividend of $.15 per common share will be paid on February 28, 2013, to common stockholders of record at the close of business on February 15 , 2013. The Board of Directors and management believe the payment of a quarterly cash dividend enhances shareholder value and demonstrates our commitment to and confidence in our future prospects. Conference Call: The Company will host a conference call to review the information provided in this press release on Tuesday, January 29, 2013, at 3:30 p.m., CST (4:30 p.m., EST). The call will be available live to interested parties by calling 1-888-317-6016 in the United States (Canada: 1-855-669-9657, international: 1-412-317-6016). Following the call, telephone playback will be available one hour following the conclusion of the call, until 8:00 a.m., CST, on February 13, 2013. The playback may be accessed by dialing 1-877-344-7529 (international: 1-412-317-0088), and using the conference passcode 10024377.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV