NEW YORK ( ETF Expert) -- ETF enthusiasts can make profitable investing decisions based upon government/central bank currency manipulation.
For example, a little more than a month ago,
In the article, I discussed Shinzo Abe's determination to devalue the yen substantially through aggressive monetary intervention so that Japan's exports would be more competitive on the world stage.
The beneficial trade? An investor who chose WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity (DXJ) has seen month-over-month gains of 7.9%. In contrast, unhedged iShares MSCI Japan (EWJ) is up a mere 0.5% month-over-month; in spite of Japanese equities performing well, the rapid decline in the yen is killing the unhedged iShares vehicle.Obviously, one key to success in the current marketplace is being on the right side of a currency's trend. This isn't always easy to do. Readers and show listeners know that
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV